Make Sure Your Hvac System Is Running Efficiently This Winter
The winter has come, and nothing completes the Christmas cheer like a warm, cozy home with a perfect heating system. To have your HVAC’s running at absolute crisp temperatures; ensure you’ve run a pre-check on your systems going by these essential guidelines.
- Replace Filters. Filters must be changed quarterly to make sure your HVAC’s run properly, providing you with the purest air around your homes. Clean filters boost system efficiency by furnishing your home with clean, filtered air which is easier to pass through than a dirty filter. Changing your filter every 3 months is essential to sustain durable running of your system without the fear of damage, need for frequent repairs and helps save on your utility bills by maintaining your system to work better for longer.
- Secure Ducts. Air passing through your HVAC goes through ducts to be circulated around the house. It is essential that the ducts are sealed securely to ensure impeccable efficiency in the running of your system. Properly sealed ducts mean that there is no chance of and heated air escaping through any open gaps. This helps maintain equilibrium within the house without putting any extra pressure on the HVAC to run on higher voltages to expel more heated air. Heating ducts must be cleaned and serviced regularly to avoid damage to ducts and save on utility bills.
- Recheck Economizers. Economizers are used in HVAC’s especially during the summers to utilize the natural air around to cool and circulate around the house. Vents called dampers are the main component of economizers and ensure a free flow of air in your homes. It is important to keep these vents clean and dust-free to maintain the efficient working of your HVAC system. Closing dampers in the winter avoids cold air from the outside to enter the house so that extra effort isn’t required from your heating system to maintain warm temperatures.
- Appropriate Inspections. Regular servicing, maintenance and consistent cleaning of your HVAC system is essential to have an efficiently working unit. Cleaning your HVAC of dirt, leaves and debris, oiling the working parts and getting regular checks done by professionals at regular intervals is thoroughly important to make sure your systems are running properly.
- Acclimatize Thermostats. The efficiency of HVAC systems can be maximized by calibrating its thermostat to attain optimal temperatures. It has been observed that tuning your thermostat to 68 degrees is ideal and provides for suitable temperature conditions in the winter. A professional technician makes sure your house is kept warm and toasty while taking care that the pipes and other additional machinery don’t wear out due to the contrasting temperatures. Replace your old mercury thermostats with new digital alternatives to modify temperatures to your desirable degree at any time of the day, as digital thermostats guarantee easier use that reflect correct temperatures and help you save on your utility bills.
Call Bair Necessities Today!
Call us today for a system checkup to make sure that your air conditioning system is up to par and ready for the rest of the fall season and this upcoming winter!
Contact us today! We now offer financing through GreenSky!
NO INTEREST, NO PAYMENTS for 12 months
Read Our Customers' Testimonials